I recognize what a boring title this is for my first blog entry of 2010, but the Rose Bowl is about to start, the Ducks are playing, and I'm not really in a creative mood. But I had to log in today - primarily because I just received a message from my sister that she is deleting her Facebook account and starting a blog instead. Awesome. I can't tell you how many times I've hovered my finger on the "Delete Profile" button on Facebook. I love it and hate it so much at the same time. But I won't go into that here. When I read my sister's message, a very dim light went on in my head: "Wait, don't I have a blog?" So I logged in and instantly laughed out loud when I remembered my name for this journal: The Daily Bean. Ha, ha. I don't think I have EVER blogged two days in a row. As a matter of fact, it's probably been more like once a month, and in fact has been SIX months since my last post. But alas, I like the name and will leave it be, with the knowledge that it most certainly will never be updated DAILY.
I could list so many adventures that our family has been on in the past six months - our trip to the UK, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas...but one of my "resolutions" for 2010 is to relax a bit more. So let this be practical resolution application #1: I'm not going to stress myself out trying to catch up on my lost blog posts of the last six months. Rather, I will start afresh. This may mean I post once a day. Maybe once a week. Maybe once a month. Maybe less. No pressure. I liked what one woman wrote as her resolution in my recent Real Simple maazine, "I will use the computer less and spend time in the real world, with my young children. I plan to avoid e-mailing, texting, and pursuing the Web any more than I need to. Instead, I'll play more board games, read more books, do more puzzles, and tell more knock-knock jokes (while my kids still think I'm funny)." Thank you, dear reader, for putting one of my own resolutions into such perfect words.
Happy New Year - Go DUCKS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment