Friday, August 8, 2008

The Blog Begins

So I'm still a little hesitant to record our daughter's entire life history online for the world to see, but I'm hoping that it will retain some semblance of privacy within the circle of respect we know that our friends and family have for us. Nevertheless, let it begin - with what? I guess we have to start with today, a typical Friday summer day in Seattle which began with our tri-weekly morning trip to Target. Once again I'm amused that Bean says "HI!!" with animated gusto to every fellow customer who passes by, only to go completely shy and quiet at the checkout counter where the lovely "Michelle" desperately tries to eek even a feeble smile. Of course, halfway out to the car, frantic waving and "Bye bye! Bye bye!"s ensue...only a few minutes too late.

Following morning nap and lunch, we headed into the city to daddy's office high in the sky. Needless to say, Bean completely demanded the attention of each and every cubicle, not least because she had to visit each and every one. All eyes were on her, and I have to say, I think she knew it. We wound down on the Tower balcony, watching the cruise ships roll in and the ferries roll out. A midday meeting for all of us, emotionally and physically, on top of the world.

No comments: