Not to worry. Bean actually prefers the sprinkler, and whenever she's outside she goes running around to find it, squealing, "Sprinkle! Sprinkle! Sprinkle!" So on Wednesday afternoon, swim diaper, bikini, hat, crocs and sun cream all made it on (what a procedure) and we cranked it up.
Bean's favorite sprinkler game, kind of like David Letterman's "Will it float?" is "Will it get wet?" This game involves taking anything and everything we can find in the yard and subjecting it to the sprinkler flow. Nothing is out of her repertoire: we've tried cups, buckets, blades of grass, dandelions, sticks, crackers, watermelon and mommy, just to name a few. Yesterday she decided to up the ante and try her xylophone, her little play ball, our BIG exercise ball, and then her face.
Having a child brings so many joys, not least of which is taking a step back in time in your own life and experiencing, for just a moment, that feeling of carefree summertime bliss we all once had as children on a hot August day. As I ran with Hayley through the sprinkler, hand in hand, I was so glad to be at home to have this moment with her - even though she may not remember, it's one of many little memories I can etch in my heart to share with her one day...or to just keep for myself. I love you, Bean.
No comments:
Post a Comment